BURR Cloud Backup, Restore & Recovery
Virtual Disaster Recovery
Download the whitepaper on our Virtual Disaster Recovery Services
T1 Co’s Virtual Disaster Recovery (VDR) offers an integrated solution for the end-to-end data protection needs of your organization, including the ability to protect both physical and virtual machines across operating systems or virtualization platforms.
With VDR’s advanced capabilities, you can make T1 Co BURR the cornerstone of your business continuity and disaster recovery plan:
- Recover from either machine failures or complete site failures in a matter of minutes by turning on a backup copy of their virtual machines even as you work on recovering their primary site
- Using the capabilities of BURR Local VDR, you can keep backup copies of virtual machines on local environments to help rapidly recover from machine failures or virtual machine corruptions
- Maintain multiple generations of virtual machines so you can switch back to an earlier point-in-time copy in a matter of minutes.
- Keep warm spares of critical physical machines in virtual machine form, protecting against machine outages
- Maintain warm spares of virtual machines at T1 Co’s remote offsite data center using the powerful capabilities of BURR Remote DS-VDR
In the event of a complete site failure, we can ensure continued business operations by backing up your critical virtual machines to our secure offsite data centers and restoring the machines to a standby infrastructure. As you work on rebuilding the data and applications at the primary site, you can continue to operate from the live copy in your facility and maintain business continuity.
Quick and Simple Recovery
We restore complete virtual machines with all the data and applications at the instant that the previous backup was taken. In the case of restoring VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer virtual machines, we can restore virtual machines at the virtual disk level or the entire virtual machine level. In the case of restoring virtual machines from platforms that don’t currently expose an API, we restore all visible and hidden files that have been backed up. As a result, the complete virtual machine can be restored and brought online without any challenges or disruptions.
Our cloud backup service can easily scale to perform the backup and recovery of all virtual machines throughout your organization. When provided with adequate hardware resources, we can backup hundreds of virtual machines. Greater scalability can be achieved by configuring multiple data collectors in a grid configuration and provide additional backup failover and load balancing across your environment.
Multiple Platform Support
Besides supporting the agentless backup of all leading virtualization platforms which expose APIs for data protection such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer, our cloud backup service also facilitates the agentless backup of virtualization platforms that do not have equivalent APIs. It does so by leveraging the well published operating system APIs to backup all visible and hidden file data. All VMs and physical servers can therefore be backed up live and online without disruptions. The result is a unique standardized agentless backup methodology for heterogeneous virtual and physical machines across vendors, virtual servers, operating systems, applications, and platforms.
- VMware vSphere
- VMware ESX
- vStorage API for Data Protection (VADP)
- Changed Block Tracking (CBT)
- Hyper-V Server
- Cluster Hyper-V Server
- Hyper-V Volume Shadow Services (VSS) writer
- VM Protection and Recovery snapshots
- Enterprise Virtualization for Servers
- Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops
- Parallels Virtuozzo Containers
- Parallels Server
- Parallels Workstation
- Parallels Desktop
- Oracle VM Server