No Agents Required
T1 Cloud Backup requires no agents, which makes it inherently easier to install and support than legacy backup and recovery solutions.
Traditional backup and recovery methodologies require agents to be installed on each server that is to be backed up. Even in a modest-sized environment, agent management can get extremely complex when an administrator is forced to deal with different operating systems and revision levels. The complexity of agent management is further complicated by the growing number of software packages that also require agents running on the same host servers, or what is also referred to as “agent pollution”.
T1 Cloud Backup does not require any agents to be installed. Instead, it reaches out over the network to back up operating systems, file systems, and applications, using industry standard programming interfaces.
With traditional agent-based backup software one has to perform the following steps to perform backups:
- Take an inventory of the applications and servers that need to be protected on the customer’s LAN
- Share it with the partner/vendor/Service Provider (Disclose network information)
- Ensure the configuration is accurate and buy the appropriate number of agents
- Buy additional agents when you add servers, applications, databases
- Upgrade all agents each time there is a hot fix or new version of the agent software
- Reboot servers when a hot fix or new version of the agent software is installed
T1 Agentless Cloud Backup
- Capacity-based, multi-site license
- Add servers, applications, databases on the fly
- Zero touch silent upgrades
- Mass deploy client software to unlimited number of sites within minutes
- Version upgrades are silent and do not require servers to be rebooted
Reasons Agentless is Better
- Agentless architecture saves you time. Dealing with backup software agents is a cumbersome and mundane task that can be extremely time consuming. Matching agent revisions with operating system levels, researching compatibility issues, and other labor-intensive tasks are nonexistent when using the our solution.
- Agentless architecture is easier to support. Additionally, many problems that occur while managing backup software are due to agent bugs and their incompatibility with host servers. The software we use is inherently easier to support and the risk of problems is reduced as compared to other solutions because of its agentless design.
- Agentless architecture is less resource-intensive. Traditional backup and recovery software puts agents onto servers, causing processing power to be stolen away from a server’s core application to feed the needs of agents. Our vendors’ agentless architecture makes no such demands of the servers it is backing up.
- Agents pose a major security risk because they require an open port on the firewall.
Download our whitepaper on the truth about Agentless Backup here: